And down the stretch they come! Bourbon, rye, and brandy are neck and neck... looks like we're headed for a photo finish!
The fact is, when you're sipping delicious craft spirits on a warm Saturday with neighborhood friends, you can't lose.
Join us this Saturday evening, May 5, for a special Kentucky Derby spirits showcase featuring special guest Rob Rutledge of Prestige Beverage and a fantastic line-up of bourbon, rye, and brandy from 3 craft distilleries!
Here's what Rob will be pouring on Saturday:
- Belle Mead Bourbon: An award-winning high-rye bourbon with aromas of maple syrup, caramel, and citrus zest. Caramel and vanilla on the palate with bold rye spice and hints of apricot. Rounds out with a long, smooth finish with mellow cherry and plum notes accented by cinnamon. Excellent & versatile classic bourbon.
- Belle Mead XO: This bourbon is finished in casks made of French Limousin Oak that have been used for 12 years to age one of the world's premiere Fine Champagne XO Cognacs. Aromas & flavors of vanilla, caramel, cinnamon, orange, and baking spices. Notes of cedar and allspice on the lovely finish.
- Kentucky Peerless Rye: A well balanced rye, bolstered by sweet tones of maple, brown sugar and light citrus sweetness. Exceptionally smooth finish with a hint of oak.
- Copper and Kings Floodwall: Named for the iconic protective wall that stretches behind their Butchertown distillery, Floodwall is a blend of copper pot-distilled apple brandy aged in Kentucky bourbon barrels and 250-liter Oloroso sherry casks from Spain. Honeyed apple bouquet, with a crisp, nutty palate and a viscous, racy finish.
- Copper and Kings Capitol Strength Special Bottling: A special limited-edition single barrel release... come taste for yourself!
We hope to see you on Saturday!