Floor Sales Position
Email Warren Leonard at email@example.com to apply.
Floor Sales Position
15-25 hours per week with opportunity to grow into a full time position
We seek a dynamic, self-motivated professional to work out of our shop in a sales position. This individual will be able to maintain floor stock & the appearance of the store, assist our customers on the retail floor and at our weekly tasting.
Essential Day-to-Day Functions:
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Customer relations
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 40+ pounds regularly and safely
- Understanding wines that are offered through emails and/or tastings
- Recommend wines for customers
- Familiarize yourself with producers and regions that we specialize in
- Maintain confidentiality on all proprietary information
- Opening/closing procedures
- Knowing security procedures
- Certification for alcohol awareness as it pertains to sales to minors, etc.
- Increase knowledge of food/wine pairings for customers
- Ability to represent the company effectively and professionally with external parties.
- Most of all, willingness and interest in learning about wine—from the vines all the way to the consumer's glass.
Sales and/or retail background preferred.
Reliable schedule—ability to work some evenings and Saturday.
Hourly wage will be based on experience
About Weygandt Wines
Weygandt Wines is a family-owned retail store in Washington, DC, representing the portfolio of Weygandt-Metzler Imports—an importer of fine, terroir-driven wines in harmony with their history.
Importing since 1987, Peter Weygandt has built an international reputation for the quality of his selections and his portfolio of top boutique French wines. In recent years he has expanded his portfolio to include Italian, German, Austrian, and Spanish wines, with more than 100 producers in all—and each with a unique story.
Peter's imports are a near constant feature of top wine journals, including Robert M. Parker, Jr.'s The Wine Advocate, Wine Spectator, Vinous, and Burghound. Peter himself has appeared in Time, The New York Times, Business Monthly, and various wine publications, most recently Food and Wine.
Extending his vision to retail, Peter opened Weygandt Wines to showcase the diverse choices, value, and quality of the Weygandt-Metzler portfolio, from the most well-known viticultural regions to up-and-coming producers. It is a place where wine lovers can come to learn about the portfolio, meet the importer and the wine growers, and expand their own knowledge—and appreciation—of fine wines.